Regular Playschool Summer Camp and After Camp Arts begin on Monday, June 6, at 8:30 AM!
Join us Friday, June 10, at 6:15 PM when we celebrate the confirmation of:
Jacob Hayman, son of Ric and Carmen Hayman
Aminda Kirshenbaum, daughter of Lyn Kirshenbaum
Sofia Newberg, daughter of Jeremey and Fran Newberg
Greyson Sobel, son of Craig Sobel and Colby Grossman
Join Rabbi Avi Winokur for his monthly Meditative Service. The next service will be Saturday, December 19, at 10 AM, during which he integrates the practices of Insight Meditation and traditional liturgy for a wholly different Shabbat experience.
Based on the popularity of last year’s Adult Education class, Funny, You Don’t Look Like a Buddhist (by Sylvia Boorstein), Rabbi Winokur (an alumnus of the Institute of Jewish Spirituality’s 18-month program that integrates meditation, yoga, and more mainstream Jewish spiritual practices into an integrated spiritual path) will lead a monthly Shabbat Morning Meditation Service in the Social Hall while the traditional minyan occurs upstairs.
This acclaimed 9-month class provides a comprehensive (re)introduction to Judaism. Class topics include an overview of Jewish rituals and customs, holiday celebrations, and historical events.
Led by Rabbi Marjorie Berman and based on the teachings of Dr. Amy-Jill Levine, a leading New Testament scholar, will examine the spiritual insights of Jesus' words in a very rabbinic literary style.
- Recordings of Blessings and Song Sheets for Shabbat
- Survey Response Information
- Jewish History in 100 Nutshells - Mohammed
- Jewish History in 100 Nutshells
- 50% Dues Discount for New Members
- Space Needs Survey
- Young Adult Education-Young Folks Programming Survey
- Rabbi Winokur Named one of America's Most Inspiring Rabbis
- Tuesday Morning Minyan
- SHS: It's Where Diversity is Kosher
- 2014 Volunteer Opportunities at Vare-Washintgon Elementary School